painting

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christ Painting In The Desert

Christ Painting In  The Desert

without sounding like a religious nut I hope,I will say that Jesus has always been the biggest inspiration in my life.There are a lot of paintings of Jesus but nothing caught my eye like this painting.There is Jesus so Human and frail and alone.He's Probably thinking of the trials that lie ahead before him or probably something much further but there is that frailty in those hollow eyes and face that is so human.Probably he's praying a desperate prayer for everyone and knows somehow it won't work.There is this landscape all around him of a desert that is in complete agreement with him.The Human suffering and weakness so apparent in a being worshipped as a Messiah always inspired me to realize how he has been through it before me for me and that everything will be alright.Only one who goes through pain can know and understand others pain and suffering and one look at that picture even in my lowest of the lows tells me that he understands and cares..

No comments:

Post a Comment